Why You Shouldn’t Pause Your Ads Over Christmas
You might think there isn’t much of a point in keeping your Google Smart Shopping ads running over Christmas, but pausing them could have catastrophic impacts on your business. Okay, so maybe it’s not that bad; your business isn’t going to collapse, but pausing your ads really can have adverse effects on your brand, forcing you to put in more hard yards than is necessary to climb back up the Google search ranking ladder. Not really sure how it all works? Not to worry, because our digital marketing experts at Get More Traffic have collated a bunch of information to help you further understand the importance of keeping your Google shopping strategy up and running over the Christmas period.
GMT’s Hot Tips For Running Your Google Smart Shopping Strategy Over Christmas
Christmas is nearly here, and if you haven’t already figured out how your ads will run over the holidays, don’t stress because there is still time. Below is a list of our hottest Google Shopping management tips to help you overtake the competition this Christmas. We recommend:
- Regularly reviewing your bids. Not only should you be bidding aggressively these holidays, but it’s crucial to review your bids on a regular basis to ensure you remain above your competition.
- Prioritising high-value products. According to Google, high-value products that appear in the top search results receive up to 3 times the shopper engagement.
- Research your competitors. Do your best to understand your competition’s ad campaigns and adjust your own accordingly.
- The earlier, the better. For higher traffic and sales volumes, it’s better to begin planning your Google Smart Shopping as soon as possible.
- Automating your ad placement. This will help you remain consistent and competitive, potentially increasing conversions and leads.
- Prepare your budget early. This will allow you to align your budget with expected sales, meaning there will be no need to hit the brakes on your shopping ads.
Benefits Of Keeping Your Shopping Ads Running During The Holiday Period
If you’re here, you’re likely considering pausing your shopping ads over Christmas. We’re experts in digital marketing, and we’re here to tell you to stop right there. You might think bringing your ads to a temporary halt is the best option, but in reality, running your campaign throughout the holiday period will be super beneficial to your business. Running shopping ads over the holidays means:
- There is a reduced bid for keywords. Those of your competitors who have decided to pause their ads will likely hinder their Google ranking. This allows you to rank higher for chosen keywords.
- You will attract more last-minute shoppers. Not everyone can have their Christmas gifts sorted in October. Attract last-minute shoppers by keeping your ads active over the holidays.
- Your business will be exposed to more consumers. Most people take a break from work over Christmas. This means they have more time for scrolling and large Christmas bonuses for spending.
- Revenue. You might think pausing ads will save you money, but in the long term keeping your Google Smart Shopping ads active over Christmas affords you the opportunity for increased revenue. So spend now to save later. That’s our motto.
- Increased traffic to your site. This is especially effective for tradies who are working over Christmas. Running your ads will allow you to be among the top search results, allowing exposure to more consumers and increasing sales/business.
- Spending increases. People spend more this time of year, that’s just a fact! So it wouldn’t make sense to bury your company during the gifting period.
- ‘Tis the season for new year’s resolutions. Specifically great for fitness and wellbeing businesses, running ads over Christmas can really play into consumers’ new year’s ideals.
- Boxing day sales! Why would people shop around when they can get a great deal at their fingertips? Keep your ads up and running to stay ahead of the game.
What You Stand To Lose If You Pause Your Shopping Ads Over Christmas
We’ve talked about the benefits of keeping your campaign running this holiday season. But what we haven’t touched on is how pausing your ads might hinder your brand in the long run. What we mean by that is:
- Higher bids after reactivation. Returning to ads after Christmas means you’ll have to bid even higher when you return. This takes time, increases costs and uses unnecessary resources that could be more effectively utilised elsewhere.
- You’ll miss out on valuable traffic. Not appearing among the top Google results means you miss out on valuable leads and conversions.
- Your rankings will suffer. Those who keep their ads running surpass those businesses that don’t. This is because Google thinks you are no longer active and prioritises businesses that are still campaigning.
If You’re Looking For A Premium Digital Marketing Company To Help Drive Your Sales, Get More Traffic Can Help
Is your website a highway at peak hour? Because boy, you’ll be getting a lot of traffic with the help of our digital marketing experts. We’re passionate about helping businesses all over Australia harness the power of Google Smart Shopping to take their sales to the next level. If you’re ready to give traffic to your website the green light and learn how to optimise your Google Shopping feed, contact the team at Get More Traffic today!